Decluttering is scientifically proven to reduce stress, increase the ability to focus, and helps to combat feelings of depression. If you’re a renter, then you know how difficult it can be to keep your living space organized and clutter-free. It’s easy to let things pile up over time, especially when you don’t own the space and don’t plan to stay in it for too long. But don’t worry because there are plenty of simple and effective decluttering tips you can use to help you keep your rented space organized!
Take a walk through your home and identify the items you don’t need. This might include anything from clothes and shoes to old magazines, DVDs, and even furniture. Make a list of all the items you plan to get rid of, and then decide what you’ll do with them. You might choose to donate them, sell them, or simply throw them away.
Once you’ve identified the items you don’t need, it’s time to start organizing the things you do want to keep. Take advantage of vertical storage solutions like shelves, bookcases, and over-the-door hooks to maximize your space and make it easier to find things. You can also use bins and baskets to store items that don’t need to be seen.
When it comes to bigger items like furniture, try to choose pieces that won’t take up too much room. Invest in multi-functional items like an ottoman with storage, a coffee table with drawers, or a futon that can be used as both a sofa and a bed.
Finally, don’t forget to keep your living space tidy regularly. Make it a habit to take 10-15 minutes each day to pick up clutter, dust, and vacuum. This small investment of time can make a big difference in the overall appearance of your home.
Here is a breakdown of our 10 Favorite Decluttering Tips:
- Donate, sell, or give away any items you no longer need or use.
- Create a designated spot for frequently used items, like keys, phone chargers, and mail.
- Utilize storage bins or baskets to keep items like blankets, pillows, and books organized.
- Utilize vertical space with shelves and racks to store items like spices, canned goods, and cleaning supplies.
- Use drawer and cabinet organizers to keep items like cutlery and dishes orderly.
- Invest in furniture that has additional storage like ottomans, armoires, and sofas with built-in drawers.
- Hang items like coats and hats on wall hooks, or in closets.
- Utilize the back of doors to store items like cleaning supplies and scarves.
- Consolidate similar items, like craft or office supplies, into one storage container
- Label storage containers, shelves, and bins to make items easier to find.
If you’re like us, we love a good list or guide to help with visual progress. Here are two fantastic guides to help you on your journey of a wonderfully organized home.
If you would like to know more about how RentWise Property Management does property management, visit us at www.rentwisepm.com, where we make finding your dream rental a LESS HASSLE, MORE HAPPY experience!
We hope these decluttering tips help you keep your rented space organized and clutter-free. Good luck!