There are several reasons that you may be looking to switch property managers and we appreciate you considering our company. You may not be sure how/where to start and may be overwhelmed by the process. We can assist in making this type of transition smooth and efficient.
Step 1: Terminate your contract
First, you must terminate any contract you have with a property management company in writing and in accordance with your contract terms. Please BE SURE to contact your current property manager or read through the details of your agreement so you do not encounter unexpected costs or fees.
Step 2: Items to Request
Second, here is a suggested list of things you should request at the time of your written notice of cancellation:
- A copy of all lease agreements for each property they manage
- A copy of all tenant applications and current contact information
- A copy of your tenants entire ledger
- A copy of your entire owners ledger, profit and loss statement and balance sheet
- Request that all keys (mail/pool/house) and remote are left at the front desk for pick up
- Request copies of maintenance reports for the period of 6 to 12 months (this may be in the form of written documentation, notes, invoices etc.) This is to track any ongoing maintenance issues and warranties that may apply.
- Verify that they have your most current address for the purpose of 1099’s
RentWise Property Management can pick up this packet of information/items for you to avoid any uncomfortable encounters if you prefer. We do so in plain clothes and do not disclose any information on your behalf.